Thursday, January 10, 2008

A quick note to all my charity knitting minded friends. An epal has decided to send "Yellow Ribbon Hats", roll brim baby hats with a little top knot, to as many of our troops babies as she can. Gives a whole new meaning to the "til they come home" yellow ribbons. Just think of those mommies and daddies overseas seeing all their little ones (and maybe some spouses and siblings wearing their yellow "ribbons". I think it is a terrific idea so I've pulled out my yellow yarn and my needles and I'm stitching along. Want to join in? She has details (and a pattern if you need one on her blog. Here's a link:
http://yellowribbonhats.blogspot.com/
Or, if you are on Ravelry, she has formed a group called (wait for it...) Yellow Ribbon Hats;o)

2 comments:

Crochetlocket said...

Thanks sooo much for posting about the Yellow Ribbon Hats! Your support and helpful suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Still Not Goin Quietly said...

No problem at all, hon! I think you came up with a wonderful idea that has the potential to touch a lot of hearts. You go girl!