Monday, March 05, 2007











I've been looking for patterns to make things for the new grandbaby that Cheyenne is going to give me in August and it got me to thinking about the things I made for my babies. I really didn't make that many things for them. I was too busy being a very young single mommy and going to college. I have made more things for Gini and Harmoni than I ever did for the older three. I did make a couple of things for Bonni and Cameron but by the time Cheyenne came along, I was lucky to get a blanket knit for her. My Mom knit her a gorgeous blessing robe which she wore over the lace and eyelet gown my Aunt Jean made. I will try to find a picture of that soon. It was really beautiful. These pictures are of a couple of things I made for Bonni when she was ittle. The little leg warmers, I made without a pattern and I made a pair for each of the little girls in her ballet class when she was 3. The little red outfit was so right for her. Bonni looked really good in red even when she was a tiny baby. She had such beautiful dark coloring right from the first. (The guy is Gaston - a guy friend. I was an unwed teenage mother after all;o)
Looking at the pics from back then always makes me soooo thankful that I didn't listen to the people who told me that having her would ruin my life. My beloved oldest brother told me that if I didn't get an abortion, I was just a fool. When I think of they joy that having her for a daughter has brought me. And now, she has brought two gorgeous little human beings into the world herself. And she is a really good mommy to her two little guys. I started college a little later than planned and I had to go out a little less than I otherwise would have but actually, she saved my life. I was on a very self-destructive path until I found that I was going to have a baby. At that point in my life, I didn't care about ME but I sure cared about that baby. I could go on for a long time about this subject but it is probably a post better suited to my other blog. If I get around to it;o)









Anyway, here is a picture Bonni's little men, my grandsons (with their Aunt Gini).




No comments: